Sequestration Meal #438

 


I hadn't had soy curls in a while, but I had nearly all of the ingredients on hand to make this stir fry from Nora Cooks, plus it looked pretty easy (to be fair, soy curls are usually pretty darn easy), so soy curl stir fry it was! I did not have zucchini and I only had frozen mushrooms, and my pepper was orange instead of red, and I am totally out of scallions. Otherwise, I made this as written. I added the optional peanuts to give the meal more staying power.

This was good, but needed salt. I should have salted the veggies when I was cooking them. I think maybe my soy sauce was just too low in sodium. I'm trying a new-to-me brand and that may be the issue. I love soy sauce but I am trying to reduce my sodium intake, because your body can, apparently, flush potassium when it flushes sodium and I'm trying to hold on to all my potassium (I am not a medical doctor; do not take this as medical advice). But this might also be because I didn't have any of the Butler chick'n seasoning, and my soy curls might have needed more help than the stir fry sauce could offer. Live and learn.

This was still perfectly fine on an average weekday!

Comments

Popular Posts