Interlude: Snacktime #4

I don't do these posts very often, but I always find them fun! This time, these are all pretty sweet snacks. Chocolate shows up more than it doesn't. I guess I was just in that kind of mood for a bit! These snacks are spread out over several months, so you'll see multiple seasons represented here.

1. Superseed Nut Butter, Pretzels, and Oat Milk Chocolate



This is an elevated version of a classic combination, sort of deconstructed. I had some pretzels on hand, and some superseed nut butter left over from making stuffed dates for breakfast, and that is all one really needs for a good snack. But add in some oat milk chocolate and it's a great snack.

2. Gluten-Free Grahams with Peanut Butter, Chocolate, and Soy Milk (Gluten Free)


I was initially not keen on these gluten free graham crackers I'd bought (Kinnikinnick brand), but I became a convert when I tried them with peanut butter, mini chocolate chips, and soy milk. (Yes, this post seems to have a theme.) This is so good

3. Gingerbread Chocolate Fudge (Gluten Free, Soy Free)


I ran across this recipe from Vegan Richa when I had a bit of pumpkin puree that needed to be used up, and I happened to have everything else on hand. I hadn't had fudge since I transitioned to veganism, so this was a special treat--and not difficult or anything! You'd never guess it had pumpkin in it, either. It's just so chocolately and fudgy and delightful. Candied ginger just takes it to the next level.

4. Jammy Tea Biscuits (Nut Free, Soy Free)


This one is really straightforward: Spread jam between two tea biscuits, then sandwich them. This is Kedem original and chocolate tea biscuits sandwiched around Bonne Maman strawberry preserves. I really like these either with soy milk or with a cup of hot tea.

5. Stovetop Cherry Cobbler


One evening, the cherries in my refrigerator started calling to me. I wasn't in the mood for a whole cobbler, but half of my recipe was perfect with some vanilla non-dairy yogurt. (I just saved the other half for the next day.) This remains one of my absolute favorite things.


What are you snacking on lately?

Comments

Popular Posts