What I Ate in a Day #15

 Are you doing okay? I'm not doing okay. But I'm trying to keep going, so here's what I pulled together as I'm continuing to try to find a way to be okay while things are so discouraging. On this day, that meant mostly leftovers.

Breakfast was cherry-chocolate themed. I had a cherry-chocolate muffin with cherry-chocolate chia pudding. Hey. It's cherry time. Let's eat all the cherries, right? And it's always chocolate time.

Lunch was some leftover red lentil patties and tahini-herb sauce with a salad similar to the one you saw on Friday: Spinach, cucumber, red pepper, red onion (not even visible here for some reason), and avocado with some lemon wedges and a tiny cup of flaky salt and pepper for dressing when it was ready to eat. This was a really good lunch.

There is nothing that says "struggle meal" more than this: Boxed macaroni (Annie's vegan shells in a creamy pumpkin sauce), broccoli, and Wegmans Don't Be Chicken nuggets with a spicy Vegenaise-and-ketchup sauce (spicy from siracha; I also added garlic powder). But even though this may be one of my go-to meals when I just can't deal with life, it earns that spot for being really satisfying. Plus you can vary your dipping sauces.

Not pictured, this day included several cups of herbal tea, a multivitamin, an algae-based DHA supplement, and a couple of pieces salt water taffy.

We do our best, and sometimes it works. Even when it doesn't, it counts that we tried. Here's to us, and fueling for the long, hard fights ahead of us.

Comments

  1. Really feel bad things are not great with you, Susan and Hilary. Thanks for posting. Looking at artfully arranged food and hearing about your struggles makes us all feel less alone. Hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate cherry is a combination that brings a little spark to any day, I feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like cherries when I was little, but I love them now!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts