Sequestration Meal #437

 


I'm presently having a love affair with cashew butter, so of course I had to make these cashew butter soba noodles! I based this roughly on the recipe at Love & Lemons. I chose it because I had a lot of broccoli on hand and the recipe called for both florets and stems (always a bonus for me!). I didn't bother to toast cashews and just doubled the cashew butter in the sauce to make up for it, in part because my sauce looked pretty thin when I first made it. I also substituted some Alpha chick'n strips for the baked tofu and I steamed the carrots with the broccoli because I wanted them to soften. I garnished the whole shebang with scallions and black sesame seeds.

I really enjoyed this, but then again, I always love soba noodles! As usual, it could have been a bit saucier, but I got very close to having the just right amount of sauce here. I really like steamed broccoli stems, too; all in all, a pretty close to perfect meal.

Comments

Popular Posts