Sequestration Meal #439

 


Sometimes--you know this if you've been reading here a while--I rebel against the norms and I just want vegetables for dinner. The way I usually try to balance this out is by having rice and beans somewhere, but I've also found I can almost always be persuaded to eat a breakfast sausage, so this time I went in another direction. Here we have braised purple cabbage with apples, mashed sweet potatoes with a pecan topping (hey, look! More protein!), steamed broccoli stems (primarily for color, but I do like them), and three Jack & Annie's maple breakfast sausage links.

I'm not sure what possessed me here, but I'm glad to be possessed. This was delicious. It isn't spring like, but it was colorful and comforting. I had the stuff around, and since I'm on a bit of a purge-the-stocks kick, it worked out for this day. It probably would have looked better in a bowl, but I'll remember that for next time.

These sausages are gluten free, so like most of my "all the veggies!" meals, this is also gluten free.

Comments

Popular Posts