Monbento Square #39 (Double Tier)

 


Here we have a tempeh bacon, (romaine) lettuce, tomato, onion, and avocado salad with homemade vegan ranch and some croutons, apple slices, and two off-brand Ritz cracker-and-peanut butter sandwiches.

I love tempeh bacon. I pay more for it than I pay for many things, but I enjoy it so much I think it's worth it. This salad was profoundly satisfying. I'm sure the avocado also helped! This is a slight step up from a BLT salad but it is still basically a BLT salad.

This is a jazz apple, perfectly crisp and delightful and relatively local to me. I know I've said before how excited I am that apple season is coming. Although there are all sorts of great ways to eat an apple, one of the best is always going to be the simplest--in slices.

Comments

  1. I always slice my apples, I just don't like eating them whole. Probably because I have a crunchy and painful TMJ. But I always have to have my slices with nut butter or cheese or something, otherwise an apple leaves me hungrier than I was before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apples are way better sliced, and nut butter and cheese are both great with them, too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts