Sequestration Meal #479

 


Here is near-total improvisation: Rice noodles in a spicy cashew butter sauce with veggies (broccoli, carrots, red bell pepper, purple cabbage, and scallions).

This was not the absolute best thing I've ever made, but it was proof I didn't really need to go to the store this week--I have tons of stuff on hand, and I just need to eat it. Cashew butter is one of my absolute favorite things, but for some reason I don't think it works as well as peanuts do in this kind of sauce. Go figure. Cashew butter makes oatmeal ambrosia but rice noodles? Eh. Not bad but nothing to get too excited about.

Comments

  1. I always prefer peanut butter based sauces compared to other nut butters. Peanut butter is my favourite, of course! But also other nut butters here are very expensive and also tend to be very thick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting--other nut butters here do tend to cost more than peanut butter, but they all seem to have the same consistency, maybe because I only buy the natural sort these days.

      Delete
    2. Even compared to the natural peanut butter. I think they just don't grind the other nuts as smooth here. They aren't chunky, but they are sort of thick and a bit grainy.

      Delete
    3. I wonder if it depends on the nut. Almond butter tends to be, for lack of better description, a bit grainy in most brands. Cashew butter is smoother than peanut, typically.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts