Sequestration Meal #481

 


For whatever reason, I was in the mood for this, even though I would rarely have two protein-y type things at the same time. Look at me! Chasing protein! Anyway, this is rice with Korean spicy ketchup tofu (recipe from My Korean Kitchen, made with rice nectar "honey") and an improvisational JUST Egg scramble made with onions, orange bell pepper, frozen spinach, and soy sauce.

I loved every bite of this! The colors were good, the flavors were good, it was fairly easy to make, and I had everything on hand. I had a hard time motivating myself to get into the kitchen to cook, but I reminded myself that a future iteration of me would be glad I had, so I did.

And because the current iteration of me needs to stop losing weight mysteriously (okay, not so mysteriously--my appetite wanes, I don't eat enough, lather, rinse, repeat), I had also baked myself some cookies over the weekend, so I finished this meal off with a monster cookie.

You know what's good about monster cookies? Everything. This recipe is from Purely Kaylie, but because I didn't have any vegan M&Ms substitutes, I just used chocolate chunks and chocolate chips. Also, because I had run too low on brown sugar, I made my own brown sugar with molasses and regular granulated sugar. But they turned out really well! I will definitely try these again, in different combinations. My only complaint is that the cookies themselves are huge, which is probably to be expected from something called a "monster" cookie--but I would be likely to make them half the size next time. I now have a freezer well-stocked with chocolate/peanut butter/oatmeal goodness for whenever the need arises.

Although this is not a gluten free or nut free cookie, I have tagged this as a gluten free, nut free lunch so that the main meal (which is gluten free and nut free) can be found later for those who need it. But know that this cookie checks both the gluten and nut box, as well as the soy box; I'm fortunate not to have food allergies but if you have them, find another cookie recipe or just eat more rice, tofu, and scramble. (If you want, of course, and it is within the guidelines offered to you by your doctor. I am not your doctor.)

Comments

  1. That cookie does indeed look MONSTER sized! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost never need a cookie that big, but I'm not going to complain! They were so good!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts