Sequestration Meal #471

 


In my continual effort to break out of my comfort zone, I picked up some pre-made seitan, and made this recipe from Upton's Naturals for General Tso's Seitan. I topped it with sesame seeds and served it with rice.

I should have chopped up the seitan a bit more than the manufacturer did, because some of the chunks were too large. Also, the seitan kind of stuck to the pan, probably because I cut the recipe in half and there might not have been enough oil to properly pan fry it. It was fine, though seitan is very hit or miss for me, and I would be unlikely to make this again. Sometmes seitan is kind of tough, and I thought that was my own problem because it sometimes is when I make it, so I decided to just buy it. But that, too, turned out to be a bit tough. It may be the brand, though. I'd welcome thoughts/tips on this!

Comments

Popular Posts