Sequestration Meal #474

 


At times, the thought of a "protein" in a meal really doesn't appeal to me. But I have ways to work around my own tendency. So here we have some leftover spinach and mushroom sauté and mashed potatoes and chives, and I had my leftovers with a fresh ear of corn and some okra and tomatoes I made with tempeh bacon for flavor and protein.

The okra with tomatoes and bacon was not my brainstorm; I just kept seeing so many recipes for okra and tomatoes in the non-vegan realm that included bacon that I wanted to make my own. It was really good! I think I prefer okra and tomatoes without bacon under more normal circumstances, but as a trick-me-into-eating-protein idea, it's excellent.

This was the first time this season that I had a plain ear of corn that I buttered (margarined?) and put salt on, and it was delicious, because that's generally always delicious. I didn't manage to get all the corn silk off (as you can see here) but that's life, oh, well.

Eating seasonally, most of this meal screams "late summer" in the best way.

Comments

  1. I am looking forward to chomping some corn cobs here soon! Though my TMJ will not be so keen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe if you're chomping the cob itself, that's part of the issue! ;)

      Delete
    2. Haha! Note to self, only eat the kernels. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts