Sequestration Meal #470

 


On a night I needed comfort food of the actually prepared variety--rather than the rip open a package variety--I made this carrot mushroom stew from Mouthwatering Vegan and had it over mashed potatoes with some chives for a garnish. 

This was a good meal. It helped to soothe me after a long, stressful week. Protein goals were supported by the soy milk in the potatoes and the cashews in the stew, but it did feel like something was missing anyway. Probably, I would have been more satisfied if I'd added some garlic toast or something, because this wasn't really that high in calories, but that's fine--just eat more dessert, am I right? (On this night, dessert was peanut butter on Ritz crackers with a glass of soy milk, which isn't very dessert-like but hit the spot.)

But this was delicious, and I'd be very likely to have it again. It would be nice with a Beyond Burger, I think--that would go well with the potatoes and the creamy stew.

Because this has been a hard time for me, I am glad I am taking a longer-than-typical long weekend. If you're gearing up for a long weekend, I hope yours is as restorative as you need it to be. Heaven knows I need mine to be!

Comments

  1. No long weekend here but I am having a bit of time off at the moment. Sorely needed, I am exhausted. This stew sounds wonderful. I feel like maybe I would add some white beans to bulk it up a bit. It is sadly getting warmer here at the moment, but I will try and keep it in mind for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rest well! I do think white beans would be good with this stew.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts