Sequestration Meal #472

 


If I may say--in the vaguest of terms--I'm having a very rough season. Sometimes, I genuinely don't know how I will see clear to the other side of it with something resembling sanity. And one of the things that I've found I will more or less always be willing to eat, even if I have no appetite at all, is some sort of sausage.

So here we have mashed potatoes with chives, spinach and mushroom sauté, some onions and bell peppers, and a vegan Italian sausage link. All of these are things I love, so putting them all together convinced me to have dinner on a day I really, really didn't want it. And it was delicious, of course! I had the good sense to cook enough onions and peppers this time, so I got to put my sausage on a whole bed of them.

And maybe our rough seasons get better, somehow, someday. Plus, I have all of you to share my food with, which also keeps me eating, and I look forward to showing you a recipe I'm proud of tomorrow. See you soon!

Comments

  1. I am glad sharing with us helps give you motivation to look after yourself. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for continuing to share your food and struggles with us. i too struggle w/ chronic pain, fatigue and not wanting to eat so while i can't understand your challenges fully because they are yours i do empathies. Your struggle with eating reminds me to keep trying even when i feel as though i can't. Thank you for that.
    I'm not a big sausage fan but the spinach and mushrooms look divine. I hope you also had to a treat for perserving and getting a meal together for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you work on taking care of yourself, too. I found it hard to eat the entire sausage but I managed it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts