10 Fruity Vegan Breakfast Ideas (Compilation #64)

 Use it up mode has recommenced! But I make no apology for my love affair with peaches, so I have made exceptions for fresh peaches. Some of the things in this post are actually from last summer, but I was saving them for when they would be most relevant--you wouldn't have wanted to see things you can't have midway through fall, right?

Anyway. As is usually the case for me in late summer, this one is very fruity. In fact, this compilation doesn't have a single thing in it that does not somehow involve fruit. The pudding? Bananas are in there. So. If you love fruit, you will probably love this. If you are more of a savory breakfast person, well, I'm into savory things, too, so I expect my next post in this series will involve savory things.


1. Peach Basil Muffins


One weekend morning in late August, the outdoor temperatures were only about 60 degrees, and thus, I finally had an opportunity to make a recipe I've wanted to make for well over a year: these peach basil muffins from Labeless Nutrition. And I'm so glad I did! They are fluffy, peachy, and not too sweet, plus the basil really elevates it all to something quite special. I had this with a spirulina soy latte to balance out the proteins.


2. Chocolate Peanut Butter Chickpea Pudding (Gluten Free, Soy Free Option)



This is a recipe from Rainbow in my Kitchen. I made it because I had a half a can of chickpeas to use, but I'd probably make this anyway--it did not disappoint at all! It's not beautiful, maybe, but it's delicious. If you want this to be a beautiful pudding, and you have the needed ingredients, add berries and some whipped cream--that would be great!

3. Peach Baked Oatmeal (Gluten Free, Nut Free)


This recipe is from Eating Bird Food. I made it with soy milk and served it with soy yogurt to boost the protein in my breakfast. When peaches are good--which around here, in summer, even calling them just "good" doesn't do them justice--I want to eat them all the time, so this was perfect.

4. Blueberry Millet Pancakes (Gluten Free, Nut Free, Soy Free Option)


I used soy milk in this recipe from Heavenlynn Healthy instead of almond; you could easily swap in oat milk to avoid soy. I have not found that many recipes using millet flour, so of course I had to make these to address my impulse buy when millet flour was on sale (which I can't remember when that was, but...)! These were a tasty breakfast with some fresh fruit, non-dairy yogurt, and warm berry syrup. I liked how light they were thanks to the sparkling water, but be forewarned: That does make it harder to judge cooking time, because they bubble up right away!

5. Peach Grunt (Nut Free)


The recipe I found for this claims to be a slump, but slumps are baked, and grunts cook on a stovetop, which is what this recipe asks you to do. It's like a pancake, sort of, cooked on top of fruit. Okay, I am not describing this well, so I'll just leave it at this: It' delicious! I used soy milk and vegan butter in this recipe from Life's Little Sweets. If you want a decadent breakfast (this is far sweeter than most things I eat!), this could be right up your alley. I had it with a glass of soy milk to boost the protein content.

6. Chili Lime Mango (Gluten Free, Nut Free, Soy Free)


This is a delicious breakfast side. Just cut cubes of mango and zest a lime. Juice the lime over the mango, then sprinkle with lime zest, chili powder, and flaky salt. If you're not usually a fruit person, this might make you change your mind!

7. Peaches & Cream Smoothie Bowl (Gluten Free, Nut Free)


Here's a seedy bowl of deliciousness! First, I made a cinnamon-spiced base of frozen peaches, soy milk, and frozen banana as outlined by Nicole at Oh My Veggies. I topped that with fresh banana slices and some halved cherries along with quinoa puffs, hemp seeds, and chia seeds. I really love quinoa puffs in smoothie bowls, and this was great! It was very cold, of course, but that's what you want on some mornings. (This has been a horrific summer sometimes.)

8. Banana Rice Cakes Three Ways (Gluten Free, Soy Free)


Sometimes, you want variety and sameness at the same time. We're all irrational at times; it's fine! You may recognize this from my previous recipe post about a similar meal using clementines. Rice cakes are perfect for days I want all the things because you can have several of them without getting too full. In this case, I have three different rice cakes with bananas: salted chocolate tahini with hemp seeds, hazelnut butter with mini chocolate chips, an pumpkin seed butter with pomegranate arils. If you need an allergy friendly option, these are great--leave out the hazelnut one and you won't have nuts, gluten, or soy.

9. Watermelon Chia Blended Overnight Oats (Gluten Free, Soy Free)


Guided by this recipe from Su Kitchen, I blended up my oats, watermelon, some almond milk yogurt, brown sugar, and white chia seeds. That mixture got chilled overnight, then topped with more almond milk yogurt, cubed watermelon, and some black chia seeds. This was surprisingly soothing--I love a cold breakfast on a hot morning.

10. English Muffins with Granola Butter and Berries


I was kind of slow to get on the granola butter train, but when I tried it, I was hooked. It's a bit gritty, so I need to have it balanced by other textures. Here, I have a toasted whole wheat English muffin spread with granola butter and topped with berries. It was perfectly delightful on a morning it was so hot (still) I was limp. (I hate heat domes, but I am learning to cope.)


Comments

  1. Yummmmmmm!!! I absolutely agree with making exceptions for fresh peaches. These meals sound delicious and are beautiful! I can't wait to try the chickpea pudding, it sounds amazing. I often hold off on opening up chickpeas if I don't think I'll use all of them but now I can! Your smoothie bowl is 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know just what you mean about chickpeas. I usually make hummus, but there is only so much hummus a person can eat! There are some good smoothie recipes that have chickpeas in them, too, that I sometimes use.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts