What I Ate in a Day #41

 This was a day I was working from home, using stuff up before a grocery shopping trip. Bringing you along with me got me to eat more veggies, so I thank you in advance for being there for me on a sluggish day!

Here we have some leftover multigrain mix (four types of rice with wheat berries, a store brand thing I really enjoyed) made into rice pudding with some soy milk and maple syrup, which I topped with mini chocolate chips and clementine segments. I had some seedy toast with margarine and my last Beyond Breakfast sausage on the side. This was surprisingly good!

Lunch had to be quick and I didn't have anything prepped, so I just made the easiest thing on my lunch hour: peanut butter ramen. I used gochujang for the spicy sauce and topped everything with a generous amount of chopped scallions. This was good, but it always is.

Dinner was improvisational, but it worked. I used some of the end of my seed bread and some vegan pepperoni to make this sandwich, which is kind of a riff on a grilled pizza cheese, but with a shallot and spinach in addition to the non-dairy cheese and pepperoni. I had this with some toaster oven-baked crispy fries and ketchup. It did the job, and I ate some veggies because I didn't want to show you a veggie-less dinner. So! Thank you for the peer pressure that you absolutely do not exert on me (for which I also thank you) but which I nonetheless somehow feel anyway.

Not pictured, on this day I also had herbal tea and a few graham crackers, some chocolate, and my usual supplements (a multivitamin, a DHA supplement, turmeric capsule, and extra Vitamin D).

Comments

  1. This is a great day of meals! Your breakfast sounds delicious, how smart to make a pudding out of the multigrain mix! Pizza grilled cheese sounds amazing and I'm the same way, just do my best to sneak some veggies in where I can. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a study in contrasts. When I feel like cooking, I mostly only want veggies--ALL THE VEGGIES--and maybe some rice. But when I don't feel like cooking, it's all about getting the food in as efficiently as possible, which means more calorie-dense stuff, I guess. It's not conscious, but it works out that way.

      Delete
  2. well i think you did a great job at getting the essentials in. I find i tend to just want veggies and fruit w/ protein being a continual struggle for me. You have mentioned and shown that "seedy bread" a number of times. What is it and where do you get it?

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Protein is usually the biggest struggle for me, too. The bread is Dave's Killer Bread "Good Seed" Thin Sliced. You can get it in a larger slice, too. I buy it from my local store; several grocers in the area carry it. https://www.daveskillerbread.com/good-seed

      Delete
  3. thanks for the bread recommendation

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts