Low Bowl #16

 

I found a recipe for sriracha tempeh noodles at So Vegan. Since I already had everything on hand to make it, it was immediately something I put on my meal planning list. I had that with some red cabbage slaw (recipe from Café Sucre Farine) and some cucumber slices I tossed with some white shoyu sauce, rice vinegar, mirin, and salt, then topped everything off with scallions and sesame seeds.

The noodles were a bit disappointing--there wasn't nearly enough sauce! But even so, I think the original recipe writer must have really heavily edited the photos to make the noodles and tempeh look coated in sriracha, or they made a huge batch of sauce. They were okay, though. I added more soy sauce and sriracha to mine, to make sure that at least all of the noodles changed color slightly. And it was spicy, but not too spicy--good enough.

I am on the fence about the red cabbage slaw, but I think I liked it. It's hard, because I really am not usually a fan of raw cabbage, so I can't fully judge any recipe I make with raw cabbage. It was definitely beautiful, though, and that goes a long way.

The cucumbers were delicious. No notes.

Comments

  1. It looks so good, I'm sorry it was a bit disappointing! Noodles should definitely be sufficiently coated in sauce, i always prefer saucy noodles (and stir fries). The slaw looks beautiful, I've been wanting to make pickled red cabbage. Maybe this is my sign to get my hands on some red cabbage 🤔 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, cabbage is cheap and currently seasonal!

      Delete
    2. Pickled cabbage will be a new project soon then! Yay thanks for letting me know!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts