Low Bowl #12

 


There are so many different ways to make creamy sauces, though most of them seem to use cashews. When I found one that uses tofu, I had to try it! This is the creamy gochujang pasta recipe from Moribyan, made with vegan substitutes and served with broccoli, yellow squash, and sauteed peppers and onions.

I wasn't really sure whether this would taste like an Asian pasta or a Western pasta, so I went with versatile veggie sides. And in the end, I'm still not sure whether it's more of an Asian pasta or a Western pasta--maybe it's both! It's very spicy, but I enjoyed it. I didn't use crushed red pepper flakes in favor of somewhat milder gochugaru, given that I knew the gochujang would probably make it plenty spicy for me. I used protein-boosted pasta alongside the tofu sauce, so I didn't need a separate main dish for protein. This is another lovely thing in my arsenal for averse-to-protein times!

Comments

  1. That sounds so good! I've heard of using beans to make a creamier sauce instead of cashews but never considered tofu. I'll have to give it a try! I bet soft or silken tofu could turn into a great alfredo sauce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it ironic that it was an omnivore recipe that introduced me to that concept!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts