Dinner Bowl #19

 


It may still be 80-something degrees most afternoons, but since I'm done with summer, psychologically, it is time to start eating more fall foods, as I said on Monday. So I went in a German-inspired direction on this day: Braised red cabbage and apples with tempeh (recipe from the Big Book of Vegetarian (2005)), steamed green beans, and mashed red potatoes (with the peel left on).

This was really good and really easy! It wasn't my favorite version of braised cabbage, but it was one of the absolute easiest, plus it had tempeh, so I didn't need to make another main dish. 

Mashed potatoes are mashed potatoes; always delicious.

I don't know what it was about these green beans, but they were probably the best green beans I've had in ages! They were just a bag of pre-trimmed green beans (because the store was out of the ones I usually buy in bulk), which one can steam in the bag (for maximum laziness). It could be that they were fresher (certainly they looked better), or it could be that they're in season (they are), but they were my favorite part of this meal.

Of course, to be fair, I have loved green beans since childhood. I am one of those people.

Comments

Popular Posts