Dinner Bowl #21

 


I ran across a recipe for a casserole I just had to try when the weather cooled enough to have the oven going for a half an hour at midday, and finally that day recently! I had my casserole alongside some carrots and zucchini.

The casserole is called "Baked Barley with Chickpeas, Spinach, and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto" and you can find the recipe at Ugly Vegan Kitchen. I think it might be better with fresh spinach rather than frozen but I would otherwise change nothing. It was so good. You can barely see any casserole under all those bread crumbs, but it doesn't matter. I had part of a jar of sun-dried tomatoes to use, and this was a wonderful way to use it, especially since it uses the tomatoey olive oil in the jar with the tomatoes.

I know some people like summer, but I like this--cool weather, casseroles, and the cozy feeling of the fall.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts