What I Ate in a Day #42

 It seems like I take you through a lot of my days lately; hope you don't mind!

I started my day with a Mexican-inspired hot chocolate smoothie. It was a recipe I found a while ago and now that things got chilly and I like warm drinks in the morning, I decided to try it. It needs work, though--it was a little odd. I don't think the texture of a smoothie--with bananas and all--works well as a hot drink. Still, I was glad I tried it! It was very filling, so I just drank my breakfast.

Because I've been practically dreaming of baked goods, that chilly morning was a good time to bake cookies, too, which made for a lovely snack at mid morning.

This was the recipe for brown sugar maple cookies from Rabbit and Wolves. I used a store-brand vegan butter, which has more water in it than the name brands (such as the recommended Earth Balance), so I think that's why my cookies are more flat than the original. I would make them again, though, erm, for research purposes...

They were delicious.


For lunch, I made some TVP Sloppy Joe filling and had that on a bun alongside baked fries and a dill pickle. It was fine. Mostly, I needed to use up my extra hamburger buns.


I had other ideas for what dinner would be, but when the time came, I was just not in the mood for cooking anything elaborate, so I made an improvisational spicy miso noodle soup with some Japanese noodles I had from who knows when and a tiny bit of coconut milk I had left over. I packed it with plenty of veggies--mushrooms, carrots, onions, bell peppers, and spinach--and topped it off with a generous sprinkling of scallions. This was delicious! I think it would be even better with some peanut butter mixed into the broth, but I am trying to stop putting peanut butter in everything.

And there you are! A fun edging-into-fall day, which dinner mostly redeemed.


Comments

  1. I'm so happy it's finally starting to cool down for you! No such luck here but I'll live vicariously through you 😅 the smoothie sounds delicious and the cookies, yum! The soup looks so perfect and comforting as the weather cools down 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're in that weird phase where we need sweaters in the morning but want to be in shorts in the afternoon, but still an improvement!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts