Low Bowl #13

 


It got hot again and depleted my energy, but it's no problem. I went with something easy. Here we have lemon saffron rice (veganized from Hot and Cold Running Mom's recipe), more of those vegan kebabs you saw earlier, a couple of falafel balls, and a salad of lettuce, red onion, tomatoes, cucumber, and kalamata olives. Everything is brought together with a turmeric tahini sauce (recipe from Love & Lemons).

I probably won't buy saffron when I make it through my little jar, though who knows? Meanwhile, it does lovely things to rice. It was a really simple recipe, too--no need to sauté things in advance or anything, just mix everything and boil it until it's done. On a day like this, that's ideal!

Based on how dry the kebabs got last time in the toaster oven, I pan-fried these. They were fine, nothing special. I won't buy this stuff again. The falafel was toaster oven baked and still delicious, so I'd rather just have more falafel in the future.

The tahini sauce was pretty, but weirdly not particularly satisfying. I don't know what made it meh--maybe I was just meh that day--but it did work out fine with the meal. It just didn't make it amazing the way tahini sauces usually do.

Comments

  1. I'm so impressed that this is a low energy meal. It looks amazing! My low energy meal is pasta with vegan butter and nooch lmao. This meal inspires me to level up my low energy meals. Hope you're feeling better! Hopefully the heat will taper off soon! 🤞🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have varying degrees of low energy. My lowest energy meals are either ramen with peanut butter or stuff on toast!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts