Low Bowl #15

 


I was feeling overwhelmed, so I went with a classic: Throw stuff in a bowl with a sauce and call it good (and it was!).

This consists of raw spinach, cucumber, and tomato with roasted beets, spiced chickpeas, baked marinated tofu, quinoa, and beet tahini. I topped it off with a sprinkling of seeds (sunflower and hemp) for some textural contrasts and some flaky sea salt on the raw veggies for extra flavor. The beet tahini is a recipe from Love & Lemons, and it was so good. I added the suggested olive oil and maple syrup, and it was amazing that way.

And okay, maybe it looks like something you wouldn't make if overwhelmed, but I already had the half a can of chickpeas and half a block of tofu to use, and it was straightforward to marinate the tofu in soy sauce for a bit and season the chickpeas and then pop it all in the oven until it browned and got crispy. And I'd roasted some beets when I was making the loaf of tofu cornbread you saw yesterday, so that was no extra work.

So I just cooked the quinoa in the rice cooker with some veggie broth and I had the basis for a pretty great meal! Plus it was pretty colorful. And unlike the infamous "Pink Sauce," nobody was at risk of hospitalization from eating it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts