Laptop Lunches #137

I'm BACK!!! Fortunately for many of my readers, just in time for back-to-school.

It's a very long story. In the world of lunch and graduate school, stuff happens. And my camera gave out on me when I was experiencing a very long lean season. It involved a lot of unpleasantness. But the good news is, I'm here again, and I should defend my dissertation very soon, but even if I do, I still plan on having ongoing updates to Food for Dissertating. Dissertating or not, one still has to eat! And you'll have a full five lunches this week, one for every weekday.

Enough of all that. Here's the first of my return-to-blogging lunches, with a gluten-free school lunch:


Peach slices, Love Beets, steamed Calrose rice, catfish in caramel sauce, and steamed broccoli.

The catfish was adapted from an America's Test Kitchen Cooking for Two 2011 recipe. I will not give you my version, because it isn't as good. I used skin-on catfish nuggets, which were about half the cost of the skinless filets, cut up, that ATK suggests. It makes a big difference. (It also helps if you don't get distracted and burn the sugar, like I did this time.)

This post is shared on:


Comments

Popular Posts