Laptop Lunches #145

A baby sweet pickle, cut in half, snow peas and carrots with yogurt ranch for dipping, leftover curried rice salad (see yesterday's lunch for more on that), a crab cake with homemade tartar sauce (recipe below), and chunks of apple.

At this point I realized I'd been eating a lot of fish and I had to remind myself that there are other protein sources to be had. The crab cake was a frozen variety on sale; nothing spectacular but perfectly respectable, and great with the tartar sauce.

America's Test Kitchen Cooking for Two 2012 was the base for this recipe, but I didn't have any sweet pickle relish, so I made do with what I had, and it was still really, really good:

Tartar sauce is one of those things people tend to just buy, but it's really simple to make--plus it cuts down on the number of bottles in your fridge if you make it.

Tartar Sauce

1/3 cup light mayo
1 tablespoon chopped sweet pickle
1 1/2 teaspoons capers, rinsed
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Salt to taste

Mix all ingredients. Serve.

Servings: About 3.

This post is shared on:

Following In My Shoes Bento Lunches

Comments

Popular Posts