Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Sakura 3-Tier Bento #13

This was a snow day, sort of. We had a delayed opening, but they called me at about 5:00 AM to let me know I need not report until 10:00. So considerate of them. Thus, I was awake and had extra time. What does one do with extra time? One makes sushi, of course!

The top tier has avocado and cucumber sushi, with a little apple-head bottle of soy sauce. The middle tier has cantaloupe chunks. The bottom tier has smoked salmon and avocado sushi, with a little duckie bottle of soy sauce.

All in all, quite good! I finally learned to season sushi rice properly. This was too light to eat on a day when I had breakfast at the usual time, but since I had a pretty late breakfast (the ends of sushi and whatnot), it worked out. I still haven't learned how to get just the right amount of rice, or how to get the fillings really in the middle, but I'm still proud of this.

3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed! Making sushi in the morning. I would have gone back to sleep for a couple more hours if I had been in that situation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't get back to sleep and I felt antsy, so sushi was a good solution. I would have loved to have the extra sleep!

      Delete
  2. Looks good! Sushi making in the morning is quite challenging so I am impressed. I could eat sushi (almost) every day and it's so much cheaper to make your own than to buy it!

    ReplyDelete