Laptop Lunches #268

Blackberries, cherries, blueberries, black bean hummus (see Monday's post for the recipe), garlic-herb water crackers, artichoke-tomato salad (see recipe below), and a stuffed egg with a paprika garnish.

After a new lunch box entered the rotation, it's only right to go back to my tried-and-true Laptop Lunches box.

I had much of a jar of marinated artichokes hanging out in my fridge and was keen to use some of my basil (that, at least, grows well in the window), so I came up with this recipe, based partly on one I found over here. I added cheese and changed the seasonings to make it more of an Italian flavor and workable as a main dish.



Artichoke-Tomato Salad
Serves: 1

5-6 large grape tomatoes, quartered lengthwise (about 1/2 cup--I had tomatoes that were either very small roma tomatoes or very large grape tomatoes; feel free to use either and adjust quantities accordingly)
Salt
Pepper
About 4 marinated artichokes, cut into pieces if larger than your tomatoes
2-3 tablespoons sliced black olives
6-7 basil leaves, shredded
A splash of white wine vinegar
1 small garlic clove, minced
About 2 ounces fresh mozzarella, cubed

Put tomatoes in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper. In another bowl, mix remaining ingredients well. Toss with tomatoes.

Comments

Popular Posts