Thursday, July 14, 2016

Lunchopolis #21

I thought about not showing this to you at all, because it's not exactly inspirational. Except that in another way it might be: baby carrots, cucumber slices, cherries, and PBJ triangles.

It's crunchy peanut butter and raspberry preserves on whole grain white bread, if that matters. I cut the crusts off because that's how I like my peanut butter sandwiches.

Anyway, the reason this might still be worth sharing is that it serves as a reminder that lunch need not be a big production. I had this with a cup of hot tea at work and I enjoyed it. It's not fancy or innovative, but it's inexpensive, satisfactory, and reasonably healthy. And peanut butter and jelly, though they may sink into the bread a little, don't make for a soggy, sad sandwich by lunchtime. So this is far from my usual approach, but there's nothing wrong with it.

Also, it happens to be vegan, incidentally, if that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment