Lunchopolis #21

I thought about not showing this to you at all, because it's not exactly inspirational. Except that in another way it might be: baby carrots, cucumber slices, cherries, and PBJ triangles.

It's crunchy peanut butter and raspberry preserves on whole grain white bread, if that matters. I cut the crusts off because that's how I like my peanut butter sandwiches.

Anyway, the reason this might still be worth sharing is that it serves as a reminder that lunch need not be a big production. I had this with a cup of hot tea at work and I enjoyed it. It's not fancy or innovative, but it's inexpensive, satisfactory, and reasonably healthy. And peanut butter and jelly, though they may sink into the bread a little, don't make for a soggy, sad sandwich by lunchtime. So this is far from my usual approach, but there's nothing wrong with it.

Also, it happens to be vegan, incidentally, if that matters.

Comments

Popular Posts