Happy Jackson Snack Boxes #29

Tofu scramble, tempeh bacon, roasted cherry tomatoes, toast, margarine (Benecol Light, actually--it's the only vegan spread I've found that's soft like my previously beloved Brummel & Brown), a little cup of strawberry jam, and raspberries stuffed with dark chocolate chips.

Aside from it being way too yellow, I think I succeeded pretty well with the tofu scramble.

Also, about the Benecol: The company is cagey about whether the product is vegan. They will tell you it is kosher (parve), plant-based, and non-dairy. For me, that plus a plant-only ingredient list is enough. Your mileage may vary.

I mentioned the tempeh bacon to a friend, who asked if it was crispy or soft. It's kind of both, though you could cook it at a lower heat and it would be soft, or at a higher heat and it would be crispy straight through, I think. Mine was more crispy on the outside. I liked it better than I ever liked real bacon (I never much cared for real bacon that much, anyway).

Comments

Popular Posts