Skater Lunch Box #23

Mashed potatoes (made from some of my too-salty potatoes), chickpea meatloaf, and a simple cucumber-tomato salad with my balsamic vinaigrette dressing, which I made with white balsamic vinegar because it looks better that way on cucumbers.

I really seem to be cooking up a storm, but that's because there were so many make ahead recipes and I could get so much done on the weekend. But I surprised myself here.

The chickpea meatloaf held its shape well. I halved the recipe, so I got about 4 servings out of it, and baked it in two mini loaf pans. I thought the glaze was a bit too fussy for me--I would have been fine with ketchup mixed with a little soy sauce, or serving it with some mushroom gravy--but it tasted good. It is not meatloaf as I remember meatloaf, but it doesn't have to be. It is its own thing.

Also, leftovers were excellent in a meatloaf sandwich with mayo and some Daiya cheddar cheese melted into the reheated meatloaf. Mmm.

Comments

Popular Posts