Laptop Lunches #275

Vegan beanie weenies (recipe below), cherries, pasta with a sauce that you might call cheese but not quite, and cucumber slices.

I think I've said before that beanie weenies with macaroni and cheese was my favorite meal, pre-veganism, and now that I'm in this transition I wanted to find a way to recreate it. The beanie weenies are pretty easy, but the macaroni and cheese has been elusive. This seems closer to, but not quite, where I'd like to aim. The sauce was creamy and tasted really good alongside the beans, but it wasn't actually all that cheesy. I think maybe next time I will melt some Daiya into it.

However, the beanie weenies are prefect. Here's how to get about 3-4 servings.

Vegan Beanie Weenies
Serves: 3-4

1 tablespoon vegan butter (such as Earth Balance)
1 small onion, chopped
4 vegan hot dogs, cut into slices
1 can vegetarian beans in tomato sauce (I used these)

Melt butter in a nonstick skillet. Cook onions until soft, then add hot dogs. When the hot dogs are heated through, add the beans. Let simmer, covered, until hot.

Comments

Popular Posts