Insulated Jar & Sides #27

Steamed broccoli seasoned with Mrs. Dash, Chinese-Inspired Saucy Beans (recipe below) over rice (trust me, it's under there), apple slices, and crunchy Biscoff spread.

I used to love the classic Chinese dish, tomatoes and eggs with rice. But of course eggs are off limits for me now. So when I was trying to come up with things I could cook easily, and I had these beans in tomato sauce, I thought I'd give cooking them in a similar style a whirl. They were amazing and even easier than tomatoes and eggs.

Chinese-Inspired Saucy Beans
Serves 2-3

1 tablespoon peanut oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped bell peppers (any color--here I used red and yellow)
1 can vegetarian beans in tomato sauce
Splash soy sauce
Splash rice vinegar

Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook onions and pepper until soft. Add beans, soy sauce, and vinegar and heat through. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.

Serve over cooked white rice.

Comments

Popular Posts