Monbento Square #50 (Single Tier)

 


You couldn't see this the first time around, because it was dark when I ate it and therefore the photos would have been horrible. It was pretty dark when I packed the leftovers for lunch, too, but ever so slightly better, so this seemed to be the better photo. Who knows.

But there is freshness here, which is great! I went without the feeling of freshness for quite a while, neighborly lettuces and such notwithstanding. I have here some yellow rice, beet greens fritters, a simple salad of spring mix with cucumber and cherry tomato, and some lentil hummus.

The beet greens fritters were essentially from this recipe by Easy Cooking with Molly, although I didn't have all the spices, and I'll confess to not knowing what the one I didn't have (carrom seeds) even is. But they were still really delicious, especially with the lentil hummus.

I wanted to have something with turmeric because I'm still dealing with a lot of inflammation. It may be my imagination, but I think it helped. I'm in physical therapy now to deal with the shoulder injury, and it's hard. Honestly, everything is hard right now. But I put one foot in front of the other, and maybe I'll find my way to better times soon.

Comments

  1. As you can tell I am catching up on posts for the last few weeks and hoping your shoulder will be feeling better by the time I get to the up to date posts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts