Sequestration Meal #673

 

This is a veganized American classic dinner: I have here lentil-sunflower seed mini meatloaf (recipe from VegKitchen), mashed red potatoes (with the skins left on), sauteed beet greens and stems, and steamed carrots.

I had cooked too many lentils for the salad you saw yesterday, so even though I had finally gotten to the grocery store, I needed to use them up. Also, every so often I remind myself I don't eat enough sunflower seeds. So these mini loaves were perfect! I loved these. It was much firmer than most lentil loaf-style things I've made in the past. That's not to say that lentil loaf isn't delicious most of the time--it is--but there was something just so satisfying about the texture of this. I was skeptical of adding applesauce to the glaze, but it worked out great.

It is entirely possible I bought too many things at the grocery store. I hadn't gone for 4 weeks, though, and I was really eager for something fresh. I have so much good stuff in my fridge now, though, that I won't need to go back for a month. It's a vicious cycle. But also, being stocked up has helped me on more than one occasion, and maybe this is just how I manage my anxiety about things.

Comments

  1. I always forget how many things sunflower seeds can be used in! I normally just eat them on my oats in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts