Sequestration Meal #676

 


This is more veggie heavy than normal, but delicious: I have here zucchini and cherry tomato sauté (recipe from Once Upon a Chef), some steamed carrots, and mushroom farro with beans and herbs (recipe from Cilantro and Citronella).

I wish other tomatoes were as delicious as cherry tomatoes, but they just aren't. Especially not in the winter. Dried basil worked out fine in this dish, but substitutions for tomatoes? Nope. I'm glad I had the right tomatoes on hand for it, though. It's such a simple dish but so good. I've made it many times.

Steamed carrots are steamed carrots, albeit with some margarine, seasoned salt, and dried parsley to elevate them a tad. But honestly: I could eat a big bowl of carrots on their own.

The mushroom farro with beans and herbs was good, too. I think my main issue is that I didn't eat quite enough for this meal. But mug cake made up for that, especially with some peanut butter added for protein.

We do what we can, however that looks.

Comments

Popular Posts