Sequestration Meal #674

 


Because I've cracked the code for getting enough protein from side dishes, I was able to have a more veggie-heavy main here: Spanish RightRice, vegan charro beans, and spinach and mushroom enchiladas in a homemade green sauce with non-dairy sour cream, black olives, and cilantro.

The flavored RightRice still seems a bit odd to me--the flavors are too strong or something; I don't know--but it went pretty well with these things, and charro beans cover a multitude of sins--so when the sauce wanders over and gets on the "rice," it elevates things. I'd have that combo again, though Banza's chipotle "rice" is more my jam, I think.

The enchiladas were utterly delicious. I still have corn tortillas left, so there may be more enchiladas in my future, fortunately! The filling is onions, spinach, and mushrooms, cooked and seasoned in the style recommended by this vegetarian recipe I used primarily to get filling ideas. The sauce is canned green chiles blended with vegetable oil, onions, jalapeno, garlic, and some seasonings, roughly following this recipe from Gimme Some Oven. I used Mexican style Violife blend for the cheese.

Comments

Popular Posts