Dinner Bowl #6

 


More meals to use what I've got! Here is some couscous with spinach and chickpeas (recipe from Spain on a Fork), sauteed peppers and onions, zucchini fritters (recipe from Nora Cooks), and some homemade cashew sour cream (recipe from Home Cooked Roots), garnished with some fresh chives from my window.

Most of my grocery budget this month will go toward a trip I'm going to take (more on that later), so I successfully avoided the store for nearly a month without it being noticeable. The way you can tell I was avoiding the store is only the cashew sour cream here, because I generally prefer Tofutti. That said, this was great! I'd make this anyway, even if I wasn't avoiding the store!

There is saffron in the couscous, which made me feel extra extravagant. I bought saffron who knows when, when I found it on clearance, and it's nice to have it to sprinkle into things like this. The couscous was so flavorful.

The zucchini fritters were wonderful, too. I usually make such things with chickpea flour, but here, it was just regular all purpose flour, which is milder and therefore let the zucchini really shine in this recipe. I had to use a regular onion because I had no scallions, but I think it turned out great anyway, especially dipped into the sour cream.

Now, I am not being all that restrictive in general with myself, because the trip isn't unexpected. If I needed to buy things to avoid feeling deprived, I would. But I had no reason to feel deprived here!

Comments

Popular Posts