What I Ate in a Day #38

This was a day I was working on clearing out the fridge. I was working from home, so I didn't have to pack a lunch.


My day started with the end of a pineapple, a little almond milk yogurt parfait with the last bit of granola in the bag, a soy grain coffee latte, and a beet and almond muffin from my freezer. This was a pretty great breakfast, even if I really didn't plan it at all!


I had some French braised lentils and nothing much to go with them (plus I was tired of them at this point, because the recipe made so much!). So I made them into a sandwich. I blended up the leftover lentils with some tahini and lemon juice and spread that on one slice of the end of a loaf of multigrain bread, toasted, of course. On the other slice I spread some cashew sour cream I'd made for a meal you'll see tomorrow. In the middle, I added some spinach, pickled red onion, and sliced cucumber. I had all this with a side of Pringles, because life is about balance. This lunch was pretty great


Dinner was leftover zippy rice with avocado and more cashew sour cream, garnished with salt and pepper. It was a simple meal, but so, so delicious!

Not pictured, I had a few cups of herbal tea, a multivitamin, an algae-based DHA supplement, an extra vegan vitamin D3 supplement, and a turmeric supplement, plus a graham cracker spread with jam and some peanut butter and a glass of soy milk.

I'm taking more supplements lately; I turned up Vitamin D deficient in spite of the multivitamin, so I had to start taking more Vitamin D, and I have been dealing with residual pain due to my shoulder injury, so I added the turmeric. Both have helped me a lot and I'm doing better, energy-wise.

Of course, do what's best for you in consultation with your own doctors.

Comments

Popular Posts