Low Bowl #3

 


I am still in use-it-up mode, so even though I did buy the linguine for the last meal you saw (which wasn't what I last ate, incidentally--I'm not on an all-pasta diet!), I also committed to using it up. I found a recipe that would also use up some coconut milk in my fridge, so that was a bonus. This is creamy chickpea and spinach pasta (recipe from Plant Based and Broke), some quickly sauteed mushrooms with garlic, and steamed carrots with a bit of vegan butter and seasoned salt. Everything got some fresh parsley for a garnish.

This was a relatively simple meal, but really quite good anyway. I think (unfortunately, in some respects) I have discovered that more expensive pasta is a noticeable improvement in my experience with it. This name-brand spinach linguine I used (which makes for spinach-on-spinach) was delicious on its own, without any sauce at all. If you never buy such things, you never know this. But it's okay. I like most pastas anyway.

All this said, nothing in here was something I wouldn't ordinarily keep on hand anyway, so I haven't been all that successful in the use-it-up project, though I have avoided, for the most part, collecting new and unusual things. I've been at this for quite a while, and although I do see a difference in how stuffed my cupboards are, I'm still amazed at how much food I had on hand to begin with! I'm doing some research on some of my more unusual ingredients and am looking forward to trying some new things. I wish it was oven weather still, sometimes, but I'll do what I can and I hope you'll enjoy seeing me keep trying.

Comments

Popular Posts