Low Bowl #4

 

More things I made to amaze myself and avoid the store: Steamed rice, gochujang mushrooms (recipe from Budget Bytes), steamed broccoli, homemade rice paper tofu and vegetable dumplings (recipe from Plant You, sort of), and peanut sauce (another recipe from Plant You). Sesame seeds made it prettier.

I've had rice paper wrappers for a while now, demanding to be used as I clear things out, but I haven't been in the mood for spring rolls. But dumplings sounded great! I only made a little batch, and I didn't have scallions, but I made it pretty much as written. I found these really fun to make, somehow.

I dipped them and the broccoli in this great peanut sauce, and it was delicious. And I knew I loved gochujang mushrooms and steamed rice.

After this, I am out of Calrose rice, which does need to be re-purchased, because I use a lot of Calrose rice around here. But rice paper wrappers, as much as I love spring rolls and these dumplings, will be one of the pantry things I have used up and will wait until I'm done with other things or have an immediate plan to use them all before I buy them again.

Discipline and self control are hard. It's not hard to stay vegan. It's just hard not to keep all the vegan goodies around. But I'm getting things more in hand, and sometimes, it's even kind of fun.

Comments

  1. I know you are no stranger to delivered groceries as needed, but have you tried misfits market? They’ve helped me a lot in bringing mostly great produce (and a few other things) to my house weekly. Anytime I’ve had an issue, I’ve emailed and been credited back. No, I do not work for them, it’s just been really helpful to me. -VanessaKC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that's working for you! I try to avoid delivery of fresh produce specifically, because I found that it is the part of grocery shopping I actually enjoy, and I don't do well with subscription services. But I'll give it some thought as things continue to be more challenging for me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts