Monbento Square #26 (Single Tier)

Yellow rice with peas, makeshift tartar sauce (Vegenaise mixed with dill pickle relish), a few little cherry tomatoes, tempeh fishless filets (recipe from One Green Planet), and carrots.

I loved the chickpea flour batter on these fishless filets; I liked the tempeh a bit less. I think the batter would go really well with cauliflower, though! And because it is chickpea flour I think that would be a passable fish substitute, too, with all the fishy seasonings--it would have protein and be filling enough, probably.

The tomatoes were there mostly for presentation and ended up looking a bit weird. Ah, well. They tasted pretty great--these were part of a new brand for me, of teeny, tiny tomatoes in multiple colors: Sunset Sprinkles. They cost more than what I would usually pay but I picked them up as an impulse buy (this is why I should not be allowed to wander grocery stores unattended). But they also don't sell them at my usual store so I think I'm safe.

Comments

  1. I haven't tried tempeh as a fish substitute, but the batter does sound really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think tempeh is too strong to be a fish substitute. I like it barbecued or as bacon or something, though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts