Sequestration Meal #18

I had some rice left after making onigirazu, so I made a casserole of veggies I had around in small amounts--a bit of onion, green pepper, celery, carrots, mushrooms, and broccoli--some chicken-style seitan I bought from the Korean market a while ago, the rice, and some leftover vegan cheese sauce (from the cauliflower-broccoli dish you saw a while ago). I topped with some Daiya cheddar shreds and baked it until the cheese melted (though what is it about vegan cheese that makes it never really look melted?).

This was a good effort, and tasted fine, but I knew I was going to have to venture out to the grocery store soon. I prevented myself from going several times but at some point, though there is a risk in going out at all, it's also not good to have your stores dip too low. I'm glad I'm vegan and have options for when everybody goes out and buys all the beans and things, and that as a person with an autoimmune disorder I've long ago figured out how to spread grocery shopping trips out to once or twice a month without it seeming weird, but even I have to cry uncle at some point. So I plotted out what to buy and restrained the impulse to just put everything on my shopping list. I'm dreaming of enchiladas these days. What about you?

Comments

  1. Casseroles are so great for using up various leftovers; yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts