Sequestration Meal #30

A soothing plate of ultra classic American comfort food: Gardein turkey cutlets over stuffing with mushroom gravy and broccoli on the side. I probably put too many mushrooms in the gravy--it's less a sauce now than a relish or something--but I love mushrooms and it was good.

I made the stuffing from a mix I had on hand and added celery and onions to perk it up. Most Stove Top mixes aren't vegan, but you can make stuffing on the stove with a lot of the bags of stuffing meant to be put inside a bird. Just cook onions and celery in vegan butter, add veggie broth, bring to a boil, and stir in the stuffing mix and leave to sit off heat for about 5 minutes. Voila! Stuffing. I think this one was Pepperidge Farm's herb stuffing mix.

With some of the leftover stuffing, I had a rather similar meal with a Wegmans Don't Be Chicken cutlet.

I really, really love stuffing!

Comments

  1. I think more mushrooms is better than not enough mushrooms. Mushrooms are just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are seriously so beautiful. I love those Turk'y cutlets. Gardein really does a great job. And I agree, mushrooms are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gardein helped me go vegan. I don't eat their stuff as much as I used to, but I've never been disappointed in it when I do.

      Delete
  3. Oh, yum, this looks so delicious and comforting! The more mushrooms, the better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be going back and forth between "comfort food" and "I refuse to cook" these days.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts