Sequestration Meal #260

 

An assortment of things in the fridge became this soup on Sunday night: Tofurky sausage, half an onion, a clove of garlic, the last of my bag of cole slaw mix, some marinara sauce, broth made from the end of a jar of Better than Bouillon No Chicken flavor, the last bit of my leftover toasted pastina pilaf, and some seasonings for good measure. This soup felt like good nutrition (although I am not a medical doctor, so I am only saying it felt that way), though it would definitely not win any awards. It tasted reasonably good and won't need rescuing. That said, it was a far cry from some of the cabbage soups I've had in my life! I don't know what magical thing happens with some of them that makes them like ambrosia.

Do you make any cabbage soups? What kind is your favorite? 

Comments

  1. I love all the things you used in this soup, what a clever way to use up all those assorted leftover bits.
    I have made cabbage soups, or soups with cabbage in them, in the past. I enjoy them, but I don't know that I have a favourite kind. What is your favourite kind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is one that my mother made a few times. I think it was probably based on stuffed cabbage rolls. It had a tomato broth, at least, and (in those days) ground beef, onions, and I'm sure several other things.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts