A Review of New Things I've Tried #30 (Frozen Dinners Edition)

I cook a lot. I don't cook all the time. When I'm not up to cooking at all, I often reach for a frozen meal. Here are a few I've had over the past few months. A couple of them were really disappointing, but the last one was a winner!

1. Mon Cuisine Vegan Italian Stuffed Shell Pasta


This is in the kosher section of my local market, one that I didn't get delivery from when I was in total isolation. I may have eaten this before being isolated and simply forgot that it isn't my favorite thing. This is in part because of the veggies chosen--carrots and green beans don't tend to be as good from frozen, in my opinion--but also because the main flavors are just basil and tomato. Ultimately, this is kind of bland. There are some things this brand makes that I really like, so I'll just stick to those.

2. Trader Joe's Misal Curry with Brown Rice


I was mildly concerned about this being advertised as in "a spicy curry sauce," since what counts as "spicy" varies so much. But this was being sold to Americans, so I went with it. This was an error in judgement on my part. This was inedible as it was because it was so spicy. I ended up eating it, bit by bit, as burritos with sour cream and avocado to tone down the spice. On the plus side, this does mean I got three meals out of it, but I wouldn't buy this again. Live and learn!

3. Alpha Plant-Based Pizza Burrito


Although this struck me as a bit weird--Pizza? Burrito? What fusion is this?--I picked it up because I like to try new things. It was pretty good! I made some homemade ranch-style dressing to dip it in. It reminded me a little bit of a pizza Hot Pocket (although I barely remember them).

Comments

  1. Pizza burrito sounds like a lot of fun!
    My mouth is buring reading this post just thinking about how spicy that curry must have been!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they should call it a pizza pocket or a pizza wrap? But it was a nice little novelty!

      Oh, yes, you would have hated the curry!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts