Sequestration Meal #339

 


While trying to figure out what to do with fava beans I have on hand, I found this recipe for sopa de habas (Mexican fava bean soup). It wasn't bad, and I was intrigued by the addition of saffron--almost no recipes use saffron, and it's been hard to use the little jar I bought on clearance however long ago--but it also doesn't make the whole production of cooking fava beans worth buying fava beans for. However, if one had canned fava beans, this would probably be pretty quick to whip up and still taste homemade to soothe that part of the soul.

I made a sandwich of Yves veggie ham on multigrain seed bread to go with this, since the soup was so light. The combination was nice.

Comments

  1. I've been so busy with work I forgot to look for fava bean recipes for you! Do you still have more to use up? If so I will go and find them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have some, but I'm taking a momentary break from fava beans, so no rush! I hope work is going well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts