Sequestration Meal #349

 

I found some vegan corned beef slices at the store and although I believe they were intended for sandwiches, I was less in the mood for a Reuben as I was in the mood for corned beef and cabbage, so that's what I had: Mashed potatoes; braised cabbage, carrots, and onions (veganized from this recipe), and the corned "beef." It was so good.

I will definitely make that cabbage again! It was so easy and so utterly delicious, plus these are among the cheapest veggies of all, so it's good for the budget. Fortunately I do not have to really worry too much about money for food, but I do feel good when I know I've found recipes that help me keep more of my money. And everything here went so well together. I don't know how often the vegan corned beef will be available--it's nearly always sold out when I'm at the store--but I'm so glad I got to have this nostalgic plate of comfort food in the meantime. I know it isn't summer food, but hey. Sometimes you have to grab the corned beef because it is there and just go with it.

Comments

  1. I have never seen vegan corned beef here. What a fun find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never had, either, but I had seen the slot where it should have been at the store--it sells out quickly!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts