Sequestration Meal #342

 

I had some tempeh hanging out in the fridge I'd more or less forgotten, so it was time to use it up. This is, curiously enough, then, not a pantry meal at all, but it also didn't generate any extra things in my cupboards so it's okay. Plus I had potatoes and tomatoes that desperately needed using. Waste not, want not. Or something.

I don't eat tempeh nearly enough, really. I try to keep it on hand and then forget it is there. Let me know if you have a favorite tempeh recipe I should try.

The tempeh hash was based on this recipe, but I used kale instead of broccoli and avocado oil instead of grapeseed, since that's what I had available. I think I probably didn't use enough kale, but it's hard to judge these things--I can never predict how greens will cook down. It was really good, if kind of time consuming. I'm glad I steamed and marinated the tempeh the day before! I served it with some sliced avocado and multigrain toast with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter's vegan spread.

Incidentally: I was so excited to get that spread again! It's my favorite for putting on toast and things. The ones I had delivered all that time were fine, but not my favorite. Although things are still looking bleak in many ways, I am trying to appreciate the little things.

Comments

  1. I love tempeh! But my parents do not, so I tend to only cook it if they are away or I am just making soemthing for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy tempeh now and then, but it would be hard for me to say I love it. Sometimes it hits just the right notes, though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts