Sequestration Meal #338

 


Some prior version of me found this recipe for soba noodles with coconut lime tofu from Chef de Home with an intent to make it and use up some more of my soba noodles as part of my pantry-clearing effort, and forgot. But since prior me pinned this on Pinterest, I found it again. So thanks to prior me, I got to have this delightful plate of soba noodles, spinach, and tofu in a coconut-lime sauce.

One thing I've discovered about soba noodle recipes is that they're rarely as saucy as I want them; this one is no exception. It needed more of the sauce. But otherwise I have no complaints--it was really great!

In terms of pantry clearing, I didn't use anything all the way up here, but I also didn't buy anything this week, so I think I'm doing pretty well.

Not all soba noodles are gluten free; mine are because they only contain buckwheat, which is not actually wheat, and that's why this meal is tagged "gluten free." But some do contain wheat, so make sure, if you need to avoid gluten, that your noodles are gluten-free.

Comments

  1. I definitely find that soba noodles really like to suck up sauce, so I always make a bit extra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine have always been so dry! I wonder if the people who are writing the recipes are using a different kind of soba noodle. Oh, well. Live and learn.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts