3-Tier Bottle Bento #37

Happy Independence Day! I'm not at work but I have this from several months ago to show you (from the not-blogging, vegan transition angst hiatus). It is not vegan, but shows how I was beginning to experiment with vegan food.

This includes Gardein mandarin orange crispy chick'n with sesame seeds and scallions (vegan), applesauce topped with cinnamon sugar (vegan), and white rice topped with salmon furikake (not vegan). I would still have the salmon furikake if a friend hadn't asked me for it, incidentally; that is one of those things that seems to last forever in the pantry. I've yet to replace it with a vegan furikake, of which there are many varieties. Maybe next time I'm at an Asian market I'll pick up some.

I loved the Gardein products, and this was one of the first I tried. It was one of the things that gave me the bravery to keep trying this vegan thing.


Comments

Popular Posts