Insulated Jar & Sides #28

Cherries, vegan-ish goulash, and cucumber slices.

I found some beef bouillon that was hiding in my kitchen and used it in this recipe for vegan goulash, so this is not vegan, although it otherwise contains no animal products. I felt weird using the beef bouillon but it helps nothing to just throw it out, so here we are. Just goes to show you how long the transitional phase can last if you're trying to eat up all your animal products alone. I last purchased an animal product sometime in October. (I did not have to tell you this, I guess, but wanted to.)

Someday, when I make it with no animal products, I will give you a recipe. I've got my eye on the Better than Bouillon Not Beef for the future. However, it was really good, and represents a major win for a new ingredient for me: TVP (textured vegetable protein). It has the basic texture of ground beef or turkey and sucks up the flavors you add to it.

I will, however, tag this as a vegan/vegetarian lunch, because you absolutely could make this with veggie stock of some kind and I'm sure it would turn out great. Also, this is one of those better-as-leftovers recipes that seem like something magical.

Comments

Popular Posts