ECO Lunch Box #97

 


This is a classic, easy lunch: A salad of romaine lettuce, sliced tomato, red onion, chopped avocado, and some plant-based chick'n strips; a homemade dill dressing; and croutons alongside a basic fruit salad of banana, Cara Cara oranges, and blueberries.

It can be hard for me to remember sometimes how simple food can be, because I truly do enjoy so many other things. Here I guess I'm defining simple as something I can make with no recipes and just throw it all together. This was profoundly satisfying.

Comments

  1. (From Jennifer)...
    This looks like a great lunch! Very nice! Lots of color! Lots of variety! Full of LIFE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've figured out why you don't see the place to log in. There's an arrow (nearly invisible, sadly) next to the "Anonymous" near "Comment as" and if you click it you will get a list of (also nearly invisible; I am annoyed with Blogger's updates here!) options. But you can see them if you highlight them, and I hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Testing, it's Jennifer...did I figure it out ???

      Delete
  2. This looks so colourful and yummy, especially with that dill dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The simple fruit salad mix combos are inspiring. I forget to take the time to do this so I eat the fruit more often. Good reminder to use banana for something other than a smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bananas, everywhere! They're cheap and versatile. But I am glad for the frozen stash I keep for smoothies and otherwise, too. It's why I routinely buy more bananas than I can eat right away these days.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts